Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Happy November!

Yes it's November! You know what that means! That's right: The Christmas stuff will be coming out in droves!

I don't know about you, but I LOVE Christmas! And I really don't mind when Wal-Mart starts replacing the Halloween items with Christmas and sorta skipping over Thanksgiving. Now don't get me wrong: I love love Thanksgiving! I help Mom cook, get a week at home, and we have good ol' family time with all the crazy amounts of food you could never eat! But Christmas is so special to me. Mom and I have always gone all out for Christmas time. A tree in every room, village pieces, lights on the house, all the figurines you could ask for, and the trees are the most beautiful ones in the world. We counted once and had 80 (read that EIGHTY) strands of lights on one tree. Plus all the little decorations and everything. It just makes me so happy! I love the music, the joy, the gift-giving. I LOVE buying things for my family and seeing their reaction when I get it just right!

This year I'm trying to knit some things. A cute little baby sweater for my niece, a wine bottle cozy for my sister, and I'm working on a little afghan (my first!) for my mom. Last year my sister and her husband got a loom knit hat each. And my niece (who was born on Dec. 18th. She'll be 2!) got her very first present ever from me. A little checkerboard mini-blanket thing that I made in squares and put together. It only fit around her for a month or so.

Do you like to make things for Christmas? What's something that you really hit it out of the park with? Can you share ideas for a football-crazy-business-teacher-brother-in-law?

No comments:

Post a Comment