Monday, June 7, 2010

Not All Changes are Bad, but Mots of them still Suck

Summer I has begun, and I already know it won't be any kind of fun. I'm taking Spanish this month, and I really don't want to. I'm not enjoying it, and I won't enjoy it no matter how much the professor tries. There are three of us, and I'm the only girl. I don't enjoy the Spanish language. I don't think it's very pretty. I'm sorry. It's just my opinion. I still may drop, but I'm afraid that if I do I might get kicked out of my room, though that doesn't seem likely. I don't know. I'm just tired I guess.
My new suitmate is really awesome though. I spent about 5 hours just talking and hanging out with her. She's from a town on the opposite side of my state, but a little bitty town too, so we connected well. We talked about everything. It was really really fun.
I'm in the market for a new car! I've always wanted a VW Bug, but I'm open to other cars too. I'm looking at Mustangs, Seabrings, and numerous others. I like a lot of cars, and I'm just basically trying to get a good college car, but within a little budget of 5-8,000. This is a very exciting! My poor little '94 Grand Prix can't really handle the long drive home well anymore. My wonderful boy is going to probably be buying my car, or maybe just taking it, but I really need the money it's worth..so we'll see what happens. When I get a car I'll post pictures!

I'm working on a pair of Namaste socks with the same yarn I made my gloves out of! For those who don't know what those are, here's a link to the free pattern I'm using!
And here's some pictures of my gloves!
I actually took that bottom picture with my knee! These took me about a day each of lazy TV watching work. The pattern is really simple and is a great sock-yarn stash buster! It has awesome instructions for when you have a little or a lot of sock yarn to play with! And it's free here! Enjoy!

My next goal is a pair of Tabi socks. Again, for my non-Japanese educated friends, here's a pattern that explains everything.

If you can't use Ravelry, (firstly I recommend signing up! It's wonderful!) here is a pdf version! I hope you like them!

An interesting start to what seems to be an exhausting "semester".

2 comments:

  1. Urg, Spanish, I don't envy you. But love the gloves! I think that yarn has an interesting color.

    My car is awesome: it's an 02 ford focus. My first choice, though, is the Suzuki SX4. They're great college cars: awesome mileage, perfect amount of space, great safety rating... But pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't want to take it at all. I still may drop because I HAVE to get an A in the class...scholarships and GPA and such

    I really like the Suzuki, though I've never been a huge fan of that car shape...the shrunken suv type thing. I have too much crap I have to haul around when I move dorms...

    ReplyDelete