Wednesday, September 16, 2009

New Knitting

I've started another large project. I call my shawl large because, well, it's a big shawl. This new one is the biggest I've ever started though. I'm knitting a jacket! Yes! Something wearable! I'm scared to death of it, but it looks easy for the most part. I found it in the Creative Knitting magazine, which I've fallen in love with and which my boyfriend is going to buy me a two year subscription! It's done with Lion Brand Homespun, which is a bit more expensive, but readily available at Wal-Mart, and very soft. I'm really excited about this coat, and it's going to force me to try some new techniques, and forced my to learn why I am no good at ribbing, until now! (Okay, so technically it's Seed Stitch, but it alternates knitting and purling, which I could never do right before) Hopefully I'll be done with my coat by late fall hahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment