Tuesday, September 22, 2009

So, in my Typeography class, my teacher knows I'm a knitting knut, and so he shared a joke with me today.

A woman is knitting while driving. A cop pulls up next to her and yells "Pull over!" and she yells back "No! Booties!"

*cricket noise*

Well I thought it was funny. Anyways, I've been forcing new techniques on myself lately, and am learning that I can figure them out! Hooray! First, my coat forced me to learn ribbing/knitting and purling in the same row. And last night I decided to learn I-cords by knitting myself a wedding ring! (No, I'm not married or engaged.)
http://knit-amigurumi.blogspot.com/2008/06/i-dont-really-i-dont.html

That's where I got the pattern for it. And I found that pattern through the Knitting Pattern Central website that I have a link to. It's not really very hard, but like the person who created it says, cheap yarns are not your friend for stuff like this. I made a second one with a blue "stone" for a friend's birthday, and it turned out much better than mine. My advice: READ AHEAD! Don't start doing something in the pattern until you've read the entire instruction. That's what killed me. I started over with this thing like three times. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment