Sunday, January 10, 2010

Renewed Passions All Around

Firstly: I LOVE DANCING!!! Oh my goodness....Marcus and I didn't know how to do half the dances, and the one in the lesson they offer before the dance was the Tango, which was exceptionally fun. They play songs and tell you what dance its supposed to be (Waltz, Tango, Salsa, Rumba, etc.)! I know how to salsa rather well, we learned the tango as I said, and I know the very minor (musical theater) basics of waltzing, so we at least attempted all of those! they also do this "Snowball" dance thing where a few people start out, and then in the middle of songs they say "snowball" and everyone already dancing has to go find a new person from the people sitting down. That's how we learned to rumba! So great! Everyone was so nice, and it was really the best night ever! Especially after an extremely draining and stressful three weeks at home. Seriously awesome.

After dancing, my two boys and I had a "Chick Flick" night, because I caught Marcus watching one over break. I hate them, so we chose a few. Sadly, we could only find 2 of the 4. But they were great! Princess Bride and Ever After. Both incredible movies. And my boys loved them both! After that, my beau went home and Marcus and I crashed at our friend's place that we were at for the night. (Don't worry...she's married) But neither of us wanted to sleep (though it was 4:30 in the morning) so we danced again! To Phantom of the Opera music no less! Great great times. Best. Night. Ever.

Greatest part: This coming Saturday is a FREE Salsa night at the dance place!!!!!! It's so incredible!!! Salsa's what I'm good at, its free, and more dancing!!! HOORAY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment