Friday, October 2, 2009

Circles and Halloween

I'm starting up a knitting circle/group/club thing at my school! I know of a few people that are coming, and I'm curious to see how many show up juts because of the signs I posted. I'm not 100% on what to do, but I have a few ideas in mind. I'm really excited about this, and I hope it's something that will pick up and gain speed fairly quickly.

For Halloween, I'm trying to use the dreaded dpns! Dun dun duuuuuuuuun! I found an adorable little pumpkin pattern and figured I'd give it a shot. It isn't terribly hard, but dpns. They suck.
http://www.curlypurly.com/pumpkin.html The pattern is located here.

I also started and finished a dishcloth with a bat. It was really really easy to do (especially since I finally know how to knit and purl in the same row. It's amazing how much has opened up now that I know how to do that....) http://www.blackrayne.com/pages/batty.html The pattern for the bat dishcloth is here, except I did mine in black. It looks neat, but I recommend a lighter color (like the purple pictured) so you can see the image easier. I intend to use it as an actual dishcloth, at least this month. Why knit something functional and not use it?

No comments:

Post a Comment