Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Knew Knitting That's Strange and Fun

I'm working on a scarf. Yes....a scarf. I hate making them honestly.....it's long and boring. And I don't need anymore really...oh well. This one's not for me though, so it's not really my choice. A friend told me she had yarn and asked me to make her a scarf, so I said sure. What I really hate though is that it's 100% FELTABLE WOOL!!!!!! And I have to waste most of it on a scarf. So irksome. But I have a pattern from Creative Knitting Magazine Jan. 2010 that's challenging, so I won't lose interest as fast. It involves dropping stitches and letting them unravel on purpose(!). It's a nice looking pattern (if I wasn't messing up in a few places...but overall it will be okay). Very confusing though. I'm curious to see how it works out. You unravel certain stitches every 5th row, and I've done the first time, but I'm not sure how it's going to stop unraveling after five rows when I'm 10 rows in. Logically it sounds like it should just unravel all the way, but the pattern says "let it unravel for 5 rows". We'll see how it goes.

Speaking of Creative Knitting, I LOVE this magazine, and my wonderful beaux got me a two-year subscription for Christmas! I'm loving it! It is full of tons of patterns (seriously, like 3 ads, the rest patterns) that range from really easy to challenging, so it's giving me a kick in the pants to try harder stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment